If the use of hippotherapy is recommended for your child as part of their individual therapy plan of care, sessions will be scheduled during the following times:
Summer: Tues/Thurs 6-9 pm Jun. 17 - Aug. 9
Insurance billing is available, if eligible.
Recommendation from an OT/PT/ST is preferred and a Physician Prescription is required.
What is hippotherapy?
The term hippotherapy refers to how occupational, physical, and speech pathology professionals use evidence-based practice and clinical reasoning in the purposeful manipulation of equine movement to engage sensory, neuromotor and cognitive systems to achieve functional outcomes. In conjunction with the affordances of the equine environment and other treatment tools/strategies, hippotherapy is part of a client's integrated plan of care.
Specific riding skills are not taught (as in adaptive horseback riding); but rather a foundation is established to improve neurological function and sensory processing. This foundation can be generalized to a wide range of daily activities.
Please take a look at the American Hippotherapy Association website for more information.
• OT/ST sessions supervised by a HPCS (Hippotherapy Clinical Specialist)
• Outdoor arena use
• Treatment by a professional occupational or speech therapist in conjunction with a horse handler, and a side-walker
• Scheduling in 30, 45, or 60 minute units as a 1:1 treatment
• Direct participation by therapist at all times
• Use of the horse's movement along with horse-related activities to assist in meeting therapy goals
email@example.com - 911 West Main St. Eaton, OH 45320 - Phone 937.456.6505 Fax 937.456.6507
© 2019. All Rights Reserved Triangle Therapy Services, LLC